Location of Durable Copy Settings
The program settings are kept in two catalogues:
- The directory Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\KutinSoft\DurableCopy\ keeps settings unique for a given computer:
- the license key that activated the program
- the list of copied files with damaged sectors and the location of damaged sectors in files;
- the path location of the
executable file DurableCopy.exe.
Durable Copy uses KutinSoft Common User Folders Service for joint access to these catalogues. This service is designed to guarantee access restrictions of only KutinSoft settings folders if ever the safety of the service client (eg Durable Copy) is compromised.
The directory Documents and Settings\\Application Data\KutinSoft\DurableCopy\ keeps user settings:
- the language chosen for the program interface;
- default methods for files being copied.
Durable Copy Portable stores its settings in the subfolders of the folder where it is launched from. This is why Durable Copy Portable does not produce any tracks of activity on the user computer. It can be very good in an Internet cafe or any corporate workplace where administrative restrictions do not allow installation of any software on the computer. On the other hand this program cannot be started from a CD/DVD. Durable Copy Portable is only designed to launch from the flash or hard drive but not CD/DVD because the program has to save different settings when it works.
On planning backup copying of computer settings it is particularly important to back up these two directories.
(C) KutinSoft. 2004-2010.